Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Shop Called Lace and Lures

There once were 3 Cottages By the Sea. One was Lace and Lures.
It was the first time in all of my life that I actually enjoyed going to work.

I had stepped into my dream Finding furniture was so much fun. I loved the hunt and I loved to display them but sometimes I hated to see them leave my little cottage shop. Trust me that doesn't pay the rent!
This was a cabinet I had built for our TV. It was too big to get up the stairs so I had to let it go. sigh...

Have you seen that Friends episode where Joey gets locked in his TV cabinet? Dave advised me not to get in the cabinet to show people I would fit.

I surrounded myself with colors of sherbert. It was yummy. I was content!


One by one my pretties sold. And I had a very good year.
When it was time to renew our lease two of the shops by the sea closed. And although I continued to do well we had purchased the Eufaula house and I wanted to put all my energy into the Victorian cottagehttp://www.oneshabbyoldhouse.blogspot.com/. And to work on the persent home with its Bed and Breakfast capabilities http://www.roselakecottage.blogspot.com/.

Pursuing those dreams has been fun although I still long for my shop. So http://www.freshgatherings.blogspot.com/ has been created. It is not exactly like my shop but I think it will be a close 2nd. So please join me in my new venture.
I will still look for the things that make for beautiful romantic rooms and I will display them in ways to give you ideas for other styles.

As the words on the wall say, "The greatest is Love." I know that speaks of God's love. And His love can be poured into us in the gifts and talents he give to us. I once heard someone say that the Glory of God is man fully alive. To be full of the passion of love expressed in everything we do. I do love my work and I do love the people I meet along the way. And above all I do love the Lord who is so good. He truely is able to do more than we ever could ask, dream, or think!

To HIM be the Glory. Step into your Glorious weekend!


AND ENJOY IT.


Becky


6 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Becky,
It looks so pretty, I want to live there!! LOL. I'm sure that had to be hard to give up, but it does take up alot of time. To bad I wasn't closer we could have run it together!
Hugs~Kelly

Kelly said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your shop is beautiful and I can see why you miss it. I think you are very talented and I'm sure your other endeavors are going to be amazing!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Becky,
I have always wanted a little shop..but never enough $$$$....I to would love going to work...doing something you love is never work....Good luck in you new adventure....Your shop was lovely....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Glennis said...

Wow, what pretty shops you've created. It must be wonderful to work there, and shop there. Best of luck with all your endeavors!

Susan Hickam said...

Your shop was very lovely, I can see why you miss it. I will stop by and check out your newest venture. I hope the very best for you-I also liked your pink nursery furniture post!

Christie said...

Hey Becky! I just love your shop! It's beautiful and I know it's been hard letting it go...but exciting started another dream...the victorian home and b&b...I loved all of your inspirational words and that doing what you love really isn't work...that's why I would love to be a shop owner. You have lived my dream sweetie! God Bless you in all you do! I know you will always succeed.
xoxo,
Queenie