Thursday, August 21, 2008

Between two houses


I am blaming this all on my friend Jane. I am teasing of course and it is a joke we have between us. Anyway she picked up a Real Estate book while driving through Eufaula on their way to an Alburn Football Game and tossing it to me she said, "You are going to LOVE this town." Dave knew when we looked at the pictures that we would be owning a home there. With so many beautiful Victorian homes and lake front homes and the prices so perfect we felt that we could dream any dream there. Meanwhile, in Florida the prices of insurance and taxes increased. So taking all of this in to consideration Eufaula seemed to have an address just for us for our retirement years.
Now we are in between two houses. Every day in the one is a gift and everyday while we wait leaves us longing to get back to complete our next project. The market is slow and we really can't afford to list our home so we hold on hoping for someone to come along. I know that is a slower process but this is our reality for right now.
We built our Odessa home to actually be a Bed and Breakfast as well. The entire upstairs is dedicated to making our guests comfortable. There is a game room with pool table, tv room, balcony overlooking the lake and a wonderful garden tub off the bedroom. My friends don't want to leave when they visit and we seem to find they return often. Right now while we are in holding I am looking in to the Bed and Breakfast possibilities for our Florida home. According to an attorney we can offer our rooms with the Fishing Guide/Boat crusies. As a Captain Dave can actually marry couples. It has to be on his Fishing Boat but hey, people do the craziest things. I will be posting on my other blog. http://www.roselakecottage.blogspot.com/ about the rooms available. So if a romantic getaways seems to be what you both need. If he likes to fish and you like to float or shop or relax by the pool. I think I have the place in Florida for you.
Lace and Lures of course.
Becky

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

I think Iam about to cry right this second. Is that gorgeous Victorian YOURS? I love all the ginger bread. I've dreamed of living in a victorian all my life.
You are so lucky! I'll check back often.
:) Cori G.

Christie said...

Your Odessa home is very pretty, but I can see why you fell in love with this charming old beauty...I love it too!